Listen to the Show here: ADHD – A new Mind for A New World
August 1, 2011
Guest: Cheryl Healey
Guest Website: The Gift of You
About the Show:
Why are so many sensitive children given a label of ADHD? Why do the numbers keep increasing? What can you as a parent do to help your child avoid this label and treat or avoid symptoms naturally? Learn the big, complex picture of ADHD and how you can help these children whether you are a parent or a concerned individual. The time is now to turn the tide for these kids. The children will be glad you did and so will you!
Change Thrivers Tip by Cheryl Healy:
Sensitive children including ADHD and ADD kids have a higher sensory perception than norm. The can multi-task naturally and process more information which is suited to the exponentially increasing amount of information they are bombarded with.
Symptoms are mostly physical and usually a reaction to some kind of allergy. Allergies are extremely common in sensitive and ADHD children. They could be allergic to variety of things such as food preservatives, cleaning products, other chemicals and toxins.
You might like to check your children for three things:
- Food Allergies
- Leaky gut – a name used to describe intestinal or bowel hyperpermeability. Increased intestinal permeability begins with inflammation and irritation to the lining of the digestive tract. Over time, the intestinal lining begins to wear and break down. This forms large gaps between your intestinal cells which then allow toxins, pathogens, and undigested food particles to enter your bloodstream.
Recommended Resources by Cheryl Healey:
Book: Healing the New Childhood Epidemics: Autism, ADHD, Asthma, and Allergies: The Groundbreaking Program for the 4-A Disorders: http://www.amazon.com/Healing-New-Childhood-Epidemics-Groundbreaking/dp/0345494512/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310402879&sr=1-1
Documentaries: Food Inc. and Processed People
About Cheryl Healey:
Cheryl Healey is the creative and passionate Founder of The Gift of You Coaching and training programs. With a heartfelt desire to help children and teens remember the gift they are and what they bring to this world, Cheryl is facilitating positive transformation. Working with children and teens with ADHD and their families looking for drug-free solutions evolved from Cheryl’s vision. Growing up is challenging enough, but add ADHD to the mix and it’s even easier to feel like you don’t “fit in”. As a Wellness Coach and Empowerment Solution Provider, remarkable and energetic Motivational Speaker and Personal Development Teacher, Cheryl educates and inspires you and your child to try new things to create the life of your dreams.
Change Thrivers Radio show
Listen to the Show here: Dealing Delicately with Difficult People
Guest: Monica Wafford
Monica’s Website: Monica Wafford Companies
Change Thrivers Tip by Monica:
In any communication scenario, the more you can be authentic, be honest, be clear and be kind, the more effective your communication will be. When we communicate that way, we find that people will respond in similar way. The communication dialogue flows as opposed to being stalled.
The authenticity is key because it shows who you really are. The honesty is key because you talk about what your need really is. The clarity is key because it fosters understanding. And the kindness is important because there is so much stress, so much negativity and so much difficulty in the world which we live that is easy to fuel a reactionary pattern for most of us. When people expect you to be less than kind, a simple kind word can elevate the level of understanding and communication to a platform that maybe you didn’t expect but are glad to receive.
Change Thrivers Radio show
Listen to the Show here: Write Down Your Soul to Activate the Voice Within
May 16, 2011
Guest: Janet Connor
Change Thrivers Tips By Janet Connor:
- Give yourself the gift of STOP. The one gift we can all give ourselves is the gift of time. It can be just a few minutes, but for those five or ten minutes, get off the go-go train we ride all day and just be still. Deep soul write or meditate or just sit and breathe. Allow. Allow your inner knowing, that wise loving Voice, to speak to you. In the silence, you will find your way.
- Pick up a pen. Don’t wait until you’ve finished reading Writing Down Your Soul. Take a breath, set your intention, address the Voice by name and begin. It’s a life-long conversation. You can start it today whether you know all the ins and outs or not. Release any expectations of what it “ought” to be like. Just begin. You’ll find the Voice is a loving, gentle presence and is oh so happy you’ve come to talk.
- Ask for guidance. Ask for guidance on the page in your deep soul writing, in your mind, in your prayers, as you’re falling asleep. All day and night long, ask for help. Help will come. It may come in forms you didn’t expect, but it will come.
- Pay attention. Everyone has innate spiritual intelligence, we just don’t use it. By starting to become aware of your spiritual intelligence, you strengthen and expand it, just like a muscle used in exercise. How do you exercise your spiritual intelligence? Pay attention to your intuition, your gut feelings, your emotions, synchronicities, books and messages that come your way, invitations, dreams…. There is no end to the ways guidance works with us once we begin to pay attention.
- Maximize your natural time in theta. As we awaken from sleep each and every one of us moves through the theta brain wave state—the only state in which we have access to break through thinking and true creativity. So use it. In the morning, lie perfectly still, don’t open your eyes. Just lie there and allow information and ideas to flow to you. Train yourself to lie still for longer and longer periods of time. Any question can be solved just resting in theta.
- Go on a media diet. Especially if you are in a fearful state right now or prone to pick up other people’s fear. The media and our political systems are designed to keep us afraid so we’ll turn to them to tell us how to stay safe. Fear is the absolute worst thing for your soul. Your soul is not naturally fearful. It is not afraid of life; it chose life. So help yourself by stepping away from the waves of things to be afraid of coming over the TV and internet and radio. If you can’t limit all TV, at least don’t watch any news before bed.
- Eat lots of “soul food.” In place of your media diet, feed your soul with lots of rich spiritual books and practices. Listen to loving uplifting messages. Read mystical poetry. Write down your soul. Pray. Sit in nature. Be still and know that you are loved.
February 21, 2011
Listen: Go To ELF – Teachings of Eternal Life Force
Show description: If you are interested in the role of spirituality in your day-to-day life, Rev. Lauren McLaughlin, an ordained Unity Minister and author of “Go to ELF – Teachings of the Eternal Life Force” talks about why and how we are all connected to THE ETERNAL LIFE FORCE, how to cooperate with the LAW OF ATTRACTION, Power of gratitude, how and why affirmations work and how the ELF steps forward to help those who embrace change and allow for Spirit to participate in the natural unfoldment of our life experience.
Change Thrivers Tips
One of the tools that The ELF offers Tony and Frankie, the main characters of the book “Go To ELF”, to help them conquer forever their ingrained feelings of “not good enough” is a powerful list of Spirit-fed AFFIRMATIONS. When these 12 “statements of Truth” are repeated 12 times a day for 12 weeks, they will help to elevate feelings of self worth, conscious and subconscious.
- I am the perfect creation of the Eternal Life Force.
- There is no other person on this planet exactly like me.
- I am intimately connected Read the rest of this entry »
February 7, 2011
Listen to the show: Releasing Unfinished Business to Improve the Quality of Your Life
Show description: Eileen Broer, President of The Human Dimension, walks us through the steps to complete Unfinished Business – even when it includes someone who can’t or won’t meet us halfway – or when we’re not able or ready to confront the other person.
Change Thrivers Tips
9 Facts about Unfinished Business
- Occurs when experiences are not completed for some reason.
- Often due to avoidance or conflict.
- Contains memories and associations Read the rest of this entry »
Latest Change Thrivers Radio Show
Topic: Choose The Game
Guest : Kathy Potts
Show description: If you’re ready to make this your break-out New Year, and go from being stuck to being unstoppable, from thinking about your best to being your best, Kathy is here to show you the way. The tools she shares are tools she uses with her Executive clients, coaching them to focus beyond the hardships to the lessons they’re learning from the adversity.
Change Thrivers Tips
6 Steps to Creating Your Winning Approach
Choosing the game is about knowing how to bring options into your life. Read the rest of this entry »
January 3, 2011
Listen to the show: Language of Understanding
What do different personality types need to make a successful change?
Extroverts: Get their energy from interaction with their environment and other people. They want to process the change externally by talking and discussing their thoughts and feelings about it.
Introverts: Get their energy from solitude and are drained by people. Read the rest of this entry »
Change Thrivers Radio Show
Monday, December 20th, 2010
Listen to the show: Living a Life of no Regrets
Change Thrivers Tips
Lore Raymond shared two tips with us on the show:
- Write a “Gratitude in Advanced” list every morning as you think about your day and what you would like to see happen.
- Answer the question Read the rest of this entry »
December 6, 2011
Listen to the show: Living Your Intentional Life
Ten Qualities of an intentional life with self, mates, family, community and the world at large
- Tell the truth/be true to yourself.
- Develop a practice of meditation/prayer.
- Experience and express Read the rest of this entry »